FAQ 165
What are the visa requirements for studying in the UK?

You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) visa if your course is a recognised UK degree or a degree level course which leads to an approved qualification. The course must be a minimum of RQF level 6 or SCQF level 9 above and full-time.

You could apply for a short-term student visa if your course matches any of the following criteria:

- Short course maximum of 6 months

- English language course maximum of 11 months

- Research or research tuition maximum of 6 months

Further information can be found on UK Council for International Student Affairs here: ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Visas-and-Immigration/Student-immigration-the-basics