FAQ 114
What support is available at the University for mental health?

Student Access to Mental Health Support (SAMHS) is the first point of contact to explore a broad range of psychological support needs in a single appointment. Any University of Sheffield student can register online with SAMHS and book an initial appointment with a trained psychological worker.

The session provides an opportunity for the student to talk briefly about their situation and receive a support plan. The appointment may be sufficient in itself but if a student needs further support we can help identify what is available.

Within the University we have access to professional counsellors, disability specialists and a University Health Service, among other types of support. We also have free access to 24/7 online mental wellbeing support, that any student can register for using their University email address.

More information about mental wellbeing support can be found here: sheffield.ac.uk/mental-wellbeing