FAQ 96
What references do I need in support of my postgraduate application?

We require two references to support your application, and normally these should be supplied by academic staff at institutions where you have previously studied.

If you've been out of education for the last two years, you can send one academic reference plus one from your current employer if you wish.

If you're not able to provide even one academic reference, please contact the academic department to which you're applying to discuss your options: sheffield.ac.uk/departments/academic

You can find more information about supplying references at: sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/supporting