FAQ 174
Do I need ATAS clearance?

ATAS clearance is required by International students who are applying to study for a Masters-level qualification or higher (including undergraduate Masters degrees) in certain sensitive subject areas. If you're applying for a course that requires ATAS clearance we'll let you know.

If you're applying for an undergraduate course that requires ATAS clearance, for example an MEng or MPhys, we'll let you know by email from May of the year in which your course is due to start.

If you're applying for a postgraduate course, your offer letter will tell you if your course requires ATAS clearance.

You can find out more at: sheffield.ac.uk/study/atas